If you picked up a copy of Carnage Issue 6 you already know that LIONS has an eye for stylish graffiti and a large collection of 35mm photos of classic NYC street bombing. As part of our Amazing 24 Days of Holiday Graff, we are offering a portfolio of 4x6 prints made from LIONS's original negatives that complement the photos featured in Issue 6.
Filtering by Tag: Lions
We wanted to do something very special to wrap up our promotion of Carnage issue 6 featuring essential NYC graff photos by Lions. So we decided to ask many of the most notorious writers active today to sign a blackbook for us - and to give it away to one of you!
Over the last couple of weeks, this book has assumed epic proportions, with about 100 pages done and more still to be added in the coming days. So far the book contains contributions (often several pages) by, among others, LIONS, FALSE, SNOEMAN, ATAK, CINIK, BONUS, OJAE, SYE5, AKS, HORPHE, DUG, GOREY, PERSUE, RAELS, CHINO, PEAR, ZEXOR, SYONE, KAZE, OBVS, SONET, RIME, SHAUN, ACNE, REHAB, DSENSE, BUSY, HUESO, DMOTE, GUESS, ONOROK, GLUE, SHARK and RESQ. It's absolutely priceless.
How can you win the book? Here are the rules:
- The contest period will end on Tuesday, 4/15 at noon ET.
- The contest is open to anyone (US and Int'l) who has purchased or purchases a copy of issue 6 by 4/15 at noon ET. Carnage issue 6 is available for purchase here. (If you previously purchased the zine your copy is still eligible.)
- To determine the winner, we will use a random number generator to draw a number between one and 500 at noon ET on 4/15. Whoever has the copy with that number wins.
- The winner needs to send a photo of the backpage with the winning number within 24 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If no winner steps forward, the process will be repeated in 24-hour increments until we have a winner.
Note that we will also send you the number of your copy via email upon purchase, in case it doesn't arrive in the mail by 4/15.
The newest issue of Carnage features highlights from Lions' personal collection of 35mm photos, taken between 1996 and 2005. As such, this issue represents an extraordinary collection of some of the very best illegal graffiti on the streets of New York and contains the work of many legendary writers, including JA, KEZ, SKUF, REAS, SET, CYCLE, REVS, COST, TIE (RIP), SCOPE, DESA, KEEPS, SENTO, OE, GHOST, SANE (RIP), SMITH, SEN4, ASP (RIP), VFR, SETUP, SACE (RIP), GUESS and many more. This is a must-have for every serious fan of graffiti!
Carnage 6 was produced in a large softcover format (6.6”x10.25”) on high-quality stock with sewn binding and consists of 72 pages with over 160 black and white images. Each copy is numbered out of 500, signed by Lions and comes with two 4x6 color photo prints made from Lions’ original negatives as well as exclusive eggshell and vinyl stickers.
Join us this Saturday, 2/15, from 7-10pm at Reed Space Annex at 151 Orchard Street in New York City for the book release (with refreshments courtesy of Heineken).
Carnage Issue 6 will be available online via carnagenyc.com on Monday, 2/17 at noon ET.